Monday, April 5, 2010

CALIFORNIA LOVE

I feel like we have been on a non-stop trip since Vance was born. It is kind of tiring but at the same time, I love it. We headed out to San Fran so Jordan could meet some people for internships/ job contact. This was Vance's first time on an airplane. I really wasn't worried at all about him. I know him and I knew he would act like he does everywhere... eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, and eat again. I just love him.

Jordan's ended up meeting with 3 men who were all completely different. It really opened up Jordan's eyes and gave him hope that he will be able to do what he loves to do. One of the guys he got to meet with was a gentleman who works as the lead animator for special effects at Dreamworks. Jordan could not wait to see what he did and how he ended up in his position. When he walked out of Dreamworks doors, I will never forget the way he look. He look like a little boy who got to eat all the candy that he wanted... he was so giddy! That will be just a little something that will be embedded in my memory forever. I love that I married a man that is still a boy at heart. He is so cute!

The next day we headed up to my hometown, Chico. I haven't been home in about 7 years. There is a simplicity of Chico that I love. There is a homey feel to this little town. We were able to stay with my Uncle Scott and Aunt Kaci. We had such a good time catching up and Vance, of course, loved being the center of attention:) I will always have a little place in my heart for Chico, CA.


Jon and Bon's Frozen Yogurt... my favorite!

Uncle Scott could not get enough of Vance:)

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh my goooooosh, did you have to post a picture of that yogurt? I'm seriously DYING for one. But only from there. Yum. I didn't know you guys went up to Chico after! How fun. Was this Jordan's first time there? I'm glad you guys had a great trip! And that picture of you and Vance on the plane is adorable-you look beautiful! Miss that sweet boy.