Monday, May 18, 2009

A Day at the Jacksonville, FL Zoo


On Saturday, Jordan and I ventured down about 2 hours to Jacksonville Zoo. It was close to 90 degrees with 86% humidity. It was just a little toasty! But that didn't matter. I was so excited. The zoo brings out the little kid in me. I had been wanting to go for months!

As we arrived, we winded back into the parking area which was in the middle of millions of trees. I knew right then and there this zoo would be pretty awesome! We found the first parking spot that we could and we almost ran in because we were way excited.. haha!

We spent about 3.5 hours just walking around seeing the amazing animals. Jordan's highlight was seeing the Komodo Dragon and mine was of course seeing the monkeys and the mama jaguar and the baby. I was absolutely in heaven.




By about the 3rd hour, after we had been rained on and dried off by the scorching sun, I was STarvING! Jordan knows he has about 3o minutes to find some food before I have a little freak out... haha but seriously! So we finished and headed to a mall where there was a Puma store. Lo and behold there was a Cheesecake Factory where I definitely indulged in some yummy fish tacos (my favorite)!

The day was one of the best we have had together. There were no obligations, no reason to not enjoy what we were doing and I think I fell a little bit more in love with Jordan as he went round and round the jaguar cage trying to get me a picture of the mama and the baby playing together. I have the best husband:)


I wish we had time to go one more time before we left but we only have one week so that probably won't happen. But oh well, I loved every minute of our day at the zoo!!!

No comments: