Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meeting the Queen of the South


A couple weekends ago, a group of us went to the Sandgnats game (a local baseball team). We were a little hesitant because it was SO hot that day but when we found out that the Queen of the South would be there, we were game! If you don't know, the Queen I am referring to is PAULA DEEN! Her sons and husband were also there so that was an added bonus!

We stood in line for an hour to meet her and to get her autograph. When we got up there we were kinda rushed through by her body gaurds but all she wanted to do was talk to us! She was beautiful and her sons weren't bad either :)

That is not the end of the exciting story. I got bored a few minutes into the game so I took LeAnna and Mitch's little girl, Lauren, for a walk. When I looked around, I saw Paula, her husband, and her puppy leaving. I whisked Lauren up into my arms and we went down to the gate to watch her leave. When Lauren saw the puppy, she wanted to pet it. That surely wasn't gunna happen but then Paula's husband was watching us and I asked him if we could come out so that Lauren could see the puppy and he said, "SURE!" We then walked out and talked with Paula, her husband and the puppy! SO FUN!!!

I am officially ok to leave the south now because I met her:)

No comments: