Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big Sky Montana



This past weekend Jordan and I drove up to my parents house in Billings, MT. It was a beautiful drive. It took us 9 hours or so which is about an hour more than usual. There was so much construction and too many stupid/rude driver on the road. PLUS, we didn't stop anywhere for real food because my mom made homemade enchiladas and we wanted those so I was getting a little mad by the end... lucky Jordan! 
While we were there we really just hung out, played games, went hiking to this beautiful waterfall in Absorkee( not sure if that is how you spell it), went to Dallin's show, and ate a lot of yummy food. 


Mom and I made our own natural lounge chairs. Hers was a little "cooler" than mine only because her whole bum was in the water haha
The water was so cold but all I wanted to do was swim in it! The boys tried but it was the kind of cold that is painful when you are getting in and out. So, I opted out!

Dallin is so talented! He has a passion for singing and playing the guitar and he is so good at both. I loved watching him! 

My sweet mom has found her nitch. She loves to garden! She planted a couple Zucchini plants and they have taken off! She has zucchini everywhere! So we attempted to make Zucchini bread but my mom and I had a little misunderstanding and we quadrupled the apple sauce and so it came out really moist but super gross! I forgot to take a picture of the batter but it was straight apple sauce. We thought that it looked normal and we didn't figure out the problem until the bread wouldn't set up right in the oven. It was stinkin' funny! 

We love going up to Montana! We love being up there because it is so peaceful and calm. It was so fun and we really didn't want to leave.:( 

1 comment:

Steph said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I love your natural rock chairs-you little hippies. We missed you here in San Antone-next time!!

One thing...from a distance, that picture of you and Jordan standing in front of the waterfall ...Jordan looks like he has one big uni-leg. kind of freaked me out. I felt better once I enlarged it. hahaha cute pics though!