Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas time in Montana


I have been wanting to get on here since we got home! There is so much to get down in writing. We can start off with Christmas break. It started out with a great car trip to Montana. Vance is an easy baby. He really loves car rides and pretty much sleeps the whole time unless he gets hungry. So we don't mind driving anywhere with him. After being in Montana for two days, Vance came down with a little runny nose, sneezing, and rumbly chest, basically a head cold. Within a day and a half, the whole family got this head cold and we all were miserable! My little boy gave us the worst head cold that I have had in a long time. I STILL have headaches! So that was a constant thing through the whole trip.
This was an exciting Christmas for us. We got to be real Santa and Mrs. Santa Clause(which I loved)! This was Vance's first Christmas. He loved it so much that he slept through opening presents and breakfast. Oh the life of a baby. It also was a white Christmas. It was a perfect morning. In the afternoon we went to the movie Sherlock Holmes(very good). The movie was kinda loud so I thought I could get away with nursing Vance. NOPE, Vance decided to sing as loud a he could while he ate during the quietest part of the movie. Pretty sure the whole theater heard him. I had to take him out and feed him. After the movie, a lady three rows back, got my attention and said, " Oh we heard him nursing, he was so cute!" I was so embarrassed! I guess it's not the worst thing that could happen:)

The rest of the time we just hung out. Jordan, my dad and the boys played XBox as much as they could... so loud and annoying.

As usual, we had amazingly delicious food prepared by my parents. I love going home because of the yummy yummy food... and the family of course!



Then we headed off to the cabin for some fun in the snow! There actually wasn't that much snow and it was decent weather. We loved playing games and laughing until late. Steph and Derek and the kids were there. We loved seeing them. Their little boy Aiden is 2 and Ava is almost 4. They could not get enough of Vance. They would talk and sing to him. Aiden would take Vance's socks on and off, which was very frustrating for him because Vance made it very hard to put them back on. Ava would follow me to check on him when he was sleeping. She will be a very good babysitter for her mommy and daddy! They both loved to kiss Vance. We miss them so much and wish they lived closer!




It was a great time to be with my family for Christmas! We love love love going to Montana. It is a very peaceful place. We can't wait until we can go up there again!




1 comment:

Steph said...

Aaww...love these pics. That one of your dad holding the cookies is great! He looks so young-and a ton like you. :)
And I love the one of Vance smiling at your Mom..he definitely knows who she is.
Your parents house looks beautiful! I've never seen it-and I got a little glimpse there! Looks cozy.
Miss you guys. Will you send me your dad's email address?