Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We loved this past weekend! It was so eventful. We did not stop for 4 days. We were in Highland at the Tall grandparents, in Park City with the Goulding grandparents, and in Ogden with the Tiner grandparents. Wow! So much driving but all worth it.
We enjoyed a yummy yummy Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents in Highland. It was the first time that my dad got to see the baby! It was so special to see him hold Vance. He gets this high weird, but funny voice when he talks to him! We were all laughing at him.


Angie and Bill moved down to Provo to Angie's old condo last weekend. The condo had tons of things that needed to be fixed so we all went over and helped fix them. Well really my dad and mom did. Vance and I just watched. Everything looks so good now!


We also blessed the baby this weekend. It was so exciting! Jordan and I were discussing how weird it is that we are 22 and 21 and already have blessed our first baby! So weird. Neither of us saw that coming. Jordan gave Vance a powerful and touching blessing. I wish I would have had someone write it down in shorthand or something. It was funny because Jordan was going to keep it to the dad's and grandpa's to stand in for the blessing, but then he figured that he might as well have all the men from the family stand in since they were there. He didn't think that it was going to be a lot but it ended up being 12 men! I wondered if some of them were even touching Vance. It was a great strength to see all those men who honor the priesthood and were able to bless my little boy. I am also so grateful for a husband who loves that calling and has a testimony of the priesthood. I love him!

After sacrament meeting, we all ate soup and salad (so yummy, thank you grandma, Sandy , mom and Angie). Being the crazy day that it was, I only got ONE picture! I am so mad about this! Oh well, I will write down everything that went on and who was there. I am so happy that all my family was able to be there for this special event in our lives. We love them and feel so blessed to have such a close family that loves us. The blessing was a great way to top off the busy holiday weekend.


No comments: