Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 10... California Lovin'

This has to be one of my favorite times: A few weeks later Jordan and I were on a date somewhere and were having a conversation about California and how much we loved it. He and I decided around 5:30 that night that we were going to California to see family and get out of Utah. So we threw some clothes in a suitcase and left. I knew that I had to work in the morning but that didn't stop me. I quit right then and there. Ha ha, so spontaneous! Though on our way out of town I asked him to turn around and go back because I suddenly got scared. But he wouldn't turn around because once Jordan makes a plan, he sticks to that plan!
The whole ride to California we didn't listen to ANY music, we talked and talked and talked. It was fun to get to know this person with whom I had begun to fall in love. I think that everyone should have to take a road trip with the person they are considering marrying because I got to see ALL sides of Jordan. For example, Jordan got pulled over right outside of Vegas going 83 in a 75... stupid... but he was totally calm about it. I was shocked because I would for sure be yelling and coming UNGLUED but he was calm and respectful. I loved how calm he was and that he just realized that he was speeding even though other people were going faster and the cop pulled us over because we were driving the Mercedes.
We visited my Aunt Lynnie and Uncle Steve in Huntington Beach for a couple of days and then went on to his Aunt Debbie and Uncle Reed's house in Yorba Linda. This is where I decided that I couldn't live without Jordan. He was content anywhere and everywhere. He was/is perfect!



I remember he was tucking me in one night and so we were laying there for a little bit in silence and all I was thinking over and over was that I wanted to tell him that I loved him. So I did! He tells me that when I said this to him, he was thinking, "I know, finally you admitted it!"

No comments: