Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Parfaits


Well I officially need to thank Mrs. Paula Deen for the extra 5 lbs that I put on last night due to her delicious Peanut Butter Parfaits! Ha! With that said, I loved these! I have been trying to look for fun,yummy desserts for my sister's baby shower so when I went to B&N the other day I saw these on the front of Paula's Magazine. So I bought the magazine and tried them and they turn out darn near perfect( that's what Jordan said):) Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Parfaits
2 cups cold fat-free milk
1 (3.9 oz.) box instant chocolate-flavored pudding mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 confectioners sugar(powered sugar)
1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping, thawed
4 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 (1 lb ) package peanut butter sandwich cookies, crumbled
Garnish: peanut butter sandwich cookies, chopped peanuts

In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add cream cheese, beating until smooth. Fold in whipped topping, mixing to combine.

In serving glasses, layer pudding, bananas, peanuts,peanut butter mixture and crumbled cookies, and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

* I did not add the bananas or the chopped peanuts. I tried the Nutter Butters but Reeses Peanut Butter Cups worked also.




1 comment:

Steph said...

Um....let's make these while I"m there. YUM.