Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 8 and 7... Telling the Family and The Fake Out...

I had my answer and now it was time to tell the family. They really didn't know much about Jordan because I hadn't really told them anything. I was nervous I guess because our family is so protective and opinionated. I got over that and dealt with their opinions. They didn't quite know what to say when I told them that I was in love with the man.
In May, I asked my mom if I could bring Jordan up to Montana to meet our family and of course she didn't mind at all. We drove into town and met my parents at a restaurant. It was kinda awkward because Jordan is a VERY quiet person and this restaurant was a very noisy place. I was sweating bullets. I knew what they were going to say... He's really quiet Chelsea, are you sure that you need someone like that? He came back from his mission, why? Maybe, you need more time to think this over... This is exactly what they said. I knew that it was hard to see why I loved Jordan but I knew that with time, they would see. So meeting the family was done and done. As we went back to Utah I knew that this was it. I would never want to date and look at another man again. I was whipped by this quiet and very charming man.
I began to stress. We wanted to set the date for August 21st and that meant that we needed to get out engagement pictures done and our invitations ordered. Time was flying by and Jordan STILL hadn't proposed.
One day he said that I needed to be ready at nine in the morning for a day of fun. I thought this was the day! He blindfolded me in the car while he drove us to the first destination. He took me to this spa in Salt Lake to get a massage (that hippy woman worked wonders that day). Then after I was finished, he blindfolded me again and took me to our second destination: the zoo. I LOVE the zoo. I thought he was going to propose here because I told him that I would love that. So we were sitting by the gorillas(my favorite spot) and nothing happened! I was starting to get a little bothered, ha ha.
Once again he blindfolded me and we drove for a long time. We ended up in Park City at the mountain. We went up the mountain on a chairlift and rode the slides down... so fun! Then later that night we went to Ruth's Chris Steak House. This restaurant is SO expensive and delicious! I thought for sure this was it but no. I was a little mad and teary in the car and he said that he couldn't propose because the ring that he designed was not finished. So we waited.

1 comment:

Ang said...

I feel like all this was yesterday...and now you have little tank and a jogging stroller...baby's getting all grown up and having babies.